Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The big day

First and foremost thanks to all those who had me in prayer. The surgery went great and I am confident I'll return better than before. It was a fun experience to say the least lol. I have the best mom and brother I could ever ask for. They came down to help me get back on my feet, literally lol. On top of love from my teammates and my phat fat today wasn't all that bad. So recovery time is 3 to 5 months looking at a April return, just in time for spring workouts ayyyyyyyyy!!! Ahaha. I'll be in a wheelchair/ crutches for 4 weeks so if you see me on campus lend the crippled boy a hand,lol. Other than that I'm doing just fine, I feel like I'm floating on the moon taking these vicadin pills. No pain babyyyyy..

Enough about the crippled boogie, let's talk some gaucho hoops. Left to Oregon 0-0 and returned back 1-2. I wasn't able to make the trip so I don't have much of a first hand account but judging by the numbers and the talks with some people, we got some work to do. The first game against Denver we handled our business and won comfortably. Like every game we had last weekend we had gotten off to a slow start, but in this game we pulled it out. As expected, Orlando and James did most of the scoring each in double figures. James had 17 Orlando 16. Next up we had north Dakota state, which gave us all we could handle. From what I hear we couldn't throw the ball in the ocean. North Dakota state shot lights out. We end up losing the game 68-60. Orlando led us in scoring, getting a hard earned 30 which was a career high. Last up we had the host team univ of Oregon. We were tested, how can we rebound from a loss on the road. We proved to show we were battle tested as we took Oregon down to the wire. No true basketball player likes to blame the refs but on Orlando's last drive to the bucket I hear he got hacked which would of been the go ahead bucket to bring it home. But whistle didn't blow and we end up losing 72-70. Once again james led us in scoring having 28 and Orlando gave us 24.
Now from looking at stats and listening to the radio I feel the need to challenge my teammates to step up. We need a Jaime Greg and Lucas to provide that inside force to keep the defenses honest. Our guards had trouble putting it in the hole and controlling the tempo at times. Someonehas to step up and become a dependable 3rd scorer to help the load of nun and oj. Our defensive mindset must be there at all times also, ball hungry and tenacious. All in all I feel we I'll continue to make at rides. Don't be alarmed we won't disappoint come big west and march.

Hope to see you out for saturdays home game against Fresno state. Other than that continue to pray for the kid for a aped recovery and be blessed friends and family.

1 comment: